If the current pandemic has affected your finances and you are experiencing financial hardship then you may be entitled to some help from the Local Welfare Scheme. The scheme has been set up by Warwickshire County Council to help the most vulnerable at times of unavoidable crisis when they have no other means of help. The scheme provides help with essential food and energy. This is given either in food parcels or with credit for energy.
- you must be a legal resident in the UK
- aged 16 or over
- have no other access to funds or enough resources to pay for food or heat
- your situation poses a serious health or safety risk to you or your immediate family
- you have been a resident of Warwickshire for the last six months or three of the last five years
- if you are a member of the armed forces and do not meet residency criteria, you should demonstrate a strong connection to Warwickshire
How to apply:
Please call one of the trained advisors. They will ask questions about your circumstances that you must answer honestly.
If you qualify,
- You will receive a voucher and you will be able to collect your food parcels from one of the scheme’s partners in your area, or
- You will receive an energy voucher to top up your energy meters.
Warwickshire residents can apply by:
Follow the link below for more information: